Welcome to the Stuban homepage!
As you’ve probably noticed, the entire site is written in Dutch. On this page there’s a short English summary. We’ve got members from multiple nationalities, but most of them speak Dutch. All trainers and (almost) all students speak English as well. The most important information can be found on this page, feel free to send us an email if any questions remain ().
About 50 years ago Stuban (Student Badminton Nijmegen) was founded, at this moment it has about 80 members. Everybody is welcome to join! We have members playing at all levels, from recreational to national. But Stuban isn’t just about badminton, we’re also organizing activities every three weeks! Think about things like a BBQ, paintball, pool night, tapas night, etc. So there is always a reason to join!
Every Stuban member can train at least once a week. Training groups are divided in four levels. Most trainings take place in the University Sports Centre (except the C/D training on Wednesday).
- A selection: All members that are playing competition in the “Hoofdklasse” or higher (or members that don’t play competition but do have equal skill). All players of the A selection play with feather shuttlecocks.
- B selection: Competition players "first, second and third class" and non-competition players with the similar level. Players with second class or higher level play with feather shuttle cocks, the lower level members play with nylon shuttles.
- C/D selection: Competition players "fourth class" and non-competition players with equal or lower level.
The trainers and the technical committee decide which group is best suited for you. They make a decision based on your skill level.
Training with us
You’re more than welcome to join! But you probably want to try it out first. You are allowed to join three free training sessions, without any obligations! Please send a mail to our secretary (). Include your name, level, your study programme and if you have a “USC sport card” in the mail. If you become a member you will need to buy your own racket. Most members are willing to lend you a racket if you are still in your try-out fase and during the C/D training on Monday there is a box with rackets from the sports centre.
Monday, hal 2
- 20:00-21:00 C/D-selection: trainer Simon Ahuluheluw/Arthur Christianen
- 21:00-22:00 A-selection: trainer Simon Ahuluheluw
- 22:00-23:00 B-selection: trainer Simon Ahuluheluw
Wednesday, hal 1
- 18:00-19:30 C/D-selection: free play (or training) at SSgN (ijsbeerstraat 12)
- 20:00-21:30 B-selection: trainer Thijs Richters
- 21:30-23:00 A-selection: trainer Simon Ahuluheluw
Friday, hal 2
- 21:00-23:00 A/B/C/D-selection: Free play on one court
Sunday, hal 1
- 10:00-13:30 Competition
Admission amounts to €65,- per season. People who train with feather shuttlecocks need to pay an additional €15,- and if you want to participate in the competition you need to pay another €12,50. A half-season membership is possible for half the price. Be aware of the fact that members of Stuban ought to be in possession of a University Sports Card, available at the University Sport Centre (USC) and must be a student from HAN or RU.